When & Where to Donate
In-kind donations are a valuable way to give back to HomePlate and are greatly appreciated. We do have limited storage and the items we have in stock are always fluctuating, so please give us a call (971) 322-9381 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before dropping off a donation to double check that the item is currently needed and how to arrange a drop off.
- When: Monday thru Thursday from 2pm-5pm
- Where: HomePlate Beaverton Office, 12520 SW 3rd Street in Beaverton
Sorry, we are no longer taking donations at our Hillsboro locations unless it is by appointment.
What We Need
We like to provide all of the following to our guests. Knowing our biggest needs are housing and employment, all of these things help to lessen the cost burden they are facing. Anything you can provide will help. We all thank you for helping to keep our Resource Closet stocked!
TOP NEEDS FOR January
- Water proof winter gloves
- Men's pants (all sizes)
- New or gently used clean sleeping bags
- Cases of bottled water
- New WOOL socks
Please contact email@example.com or call 971-322-9381 for more information.
- Full-sized shampoo, conditioner, and body wash
- Shaving cream
- No-tears baby shampoos
- Feminine hygiene (Tampons & pads)
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss
- Food for our Youth Pantry--prefer microwavable food
- Paper Plates & bowls
- Ziploc bags (sandwich and gallon sizes)
- To-go containers (cleaned yogurt, sour cream, etc. containers are great!)
- Paper towels
- Commercial Kitchen items (Large pans, pots, etc)
- Arts & Craft items, supplies or gift-cards to art-stores
- Organizing tubs (big to medium) for clothes and hygiene supplies
Most Common Needs
- Bus tickets (especially adult. 2.5-hr tickets available at most grocery stores)
- Granola Bars (for outreach)
- Beef Jerky (for outreach)
- Gift certificates for food or clothes (Fred Meyer or Target are great!)
- New underwear (men's and women's, all sizes)
- Some clothing (please check with us first)
Child Program Needs
- Activity books/toys for ages 0-5
- Baby Wipes & Diapers (all sizes)
- Toddler clothes
- Camping gear (tents, tarps, bungees, etc.)
- Sleeping bags**
- Winter jackets or raincoats
- Hats and gloves (black stretchy gloves especially)
- Waterproof boots
- Summer wear (shorts, tank tops, etc)
Get an idea of how much your donations add to our impact. HomePlate provides an unprecedented number of resources because of the support from our community. Read more about our impact.
BY THE NUMBERS
Over 50% of HomePlate's income received is non-cash. This includes donted space, time, meals and supplies like hygiene kits, bus tickets and socks. In 2013, HomePlate documented $320,371 in in-kind gifts.
HomePlate appreciates all of the donations we receive, but do have limited storage for our resources. We therefore regularly clean-out items (with the help of our volunteers) such as clothes and household goods, that have not been recently requested/taken by youth and recycle these items through our local GivSmart program. This program keeps items out of landfills, raises funds for HomePlate, AND most importantly, ensures we can keep a strategic and thoughtfully supplied stock of our necessary resources available for youth in our community.